(FOR 6 PEOPLE)
- 300 g of each: cod, salmon, haddock and scallops
- 300 g of each: carrots, celery, endives, leeks
- 2 onions
- 50 ml beer
- 100 g soft margarine
- 50 ml 2% milk • 50 ml flour and 50 ml canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and wash the carrots, celery, leeks, onions and slice thinly. Melt half of the margarine in a large casserole, add the onions first; toss and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook for about 2-5 minutes.
- Add the fish and scallops, salt and pepper, beer, margarine and 500 ml of water. Cover and let simmer at low heat for 10-15 minutes (or until the fish is cooked). Remove the fish and keep aside.
- Mix together the oil and flour to make a paste. Add the milk to the casserole and thicken the sauce with the flour-oil paste (to taste). Put the fish back into the casserole allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Clean the endives and slice into rings. Place them at the bottom of each plate, lay a large piece of each type of fish on top (manipulate gently as they break easily); add a portion of the vegetable-scallop mix on top. Enjoy this delicious meal soup with a spoon!